Monday, October 13, 2008

New Goals

It is October and the wave of returning to reality has finally set in. After dealing with some of life's curve balls, it marks the time to move forward. What is next? I resigned to myself, my family, friends and supporters that racing Ironman is not happening in '09. Last year it was the mind having issues wrapping itself around Ironman, this year it is the mind and body. I hope to return to Ironman racing in the upcoming years, but I feel relieved not having this in next seasons race schedule. So what will '09 bring? I want to represent Triabetes once again during the '09 saeason as I can't think of a better cause and better group of people I want to be associated with!

I lost a step in my run so it is time to get it back this year and hope to get some of it back. Denise has set a goal to run the Baltimore Marathon next October, and I will run it with her. I envision her finishing the race hand in hand with her- with me finishing the Maryland Double. Additionally, I am hoping to run the Frederick Marathon in May as part of the first leg of the Maryland Double. In Triathlon, I set 2 races in my sites a being the "focus", Rhode Island 70.3 and Delaware DiamondMan Half Iron (I owe this race course one from 2004!), along with a few shorter triathlons along the way.

No comments: