Monday, April 20, 2009

The Bike....The Ride....

After suffering through the worst 2 weeks of my life, I decided the Saturday after my Dad passed away that I was ready to move forward. Through my grieving, I found solace in an old friend- exercise. I re-started my workouts and struggled through them with pain and joy. Nothing like a long bike ride to heal the soul. I have been playing phone tag with Coach Dave, but his emails and workouts have provided comfort in a unhappy time. Yesterday was a beautiful day and before other of life's obligations took over I went out on a bike ride with Bri. She is sporting a new Fuji Road Bike. She is so proud of her new ride! The joy I saw in her face when she heard she was riding 25 mph as we were flying down a short stretch made enduring the pain and loss we have suffered manageable and even felt happy in the moment. I love going to the bike shop in early Spring as parents are bringing their kids in for that new bike. The excitement and joy kids get is contagious. I think I am going to stop at the bike shop on my way home to catch some of that happiness!

No comments: