Thursday, October 21, 2010

What has been Happening- Getting back on my Horse (or Bike)


As I noted before, I am fat and happy. Over the past 2 years since Ironman Wisconsin, I have had a rough go of it. First, my Dad passing really threw me in a tailspin that I felt was overcome with finishing Ironman Rhode Island 70.3 (very slowly I may add), but have dealt with the death of Denise's Mom as she succumbed to Pancreatic Cancer. What little light seemed to seep in was fellows like those in this picture (The 1st Place Fall Ball Minor League Sykesville Yankees). As I reengaged in non-Ironman life, I had the pleasure of coaching a number of teams, more specifically my son's baseball and daughter's softball teams. That has been a blast and a welcomed escape from the drudgery of the past 2 years. I have spent a professional career trying to help disadvantaged youngsters as a therapist and administrator, being a coach is quite a fulfilling role. Seeing my boys and young ladies, as my daughter is now 13, get a hit during a game and the look on their faces is priceless! My take-away lesson is to begin re-engaging in my true passions of triathlon, cycling and running. As I reemerge, I hope to update my blog to chronicle the journey back to life!

2 comments:

Anne Findlay said...

it's good to hear your updates Steve. I look forward to following along... I am sorry you have had some difficult times over the past 2 years. wishing you the best,
anne

Kell & Anna said...

Steve - Please check out my blog http://triheros.wordpress.com/ I have posted a link to your blog on there as I referenced the Tribetes group at Ironman St. George.

I would like to discuss a synergy between our two causes if you have a minute. If interested please email me at mstaffieri@gmail.com