Thursday, August 14, 2008

Winding Down Big Volume

Taper is almost here! Big Volume weeks are suck! However, after compelting them, the path to success is partially laid. All of the work leading up to big volume then add 20+ hours of workouts during a 3 to 4 week period adds up to aching joints, tired legs, and many, many cups of coffee to survive the day. Once the final big volume weekend is complete, only small deposits can be made, but I know I can screw things up if not careful during taper. Rest and rest hard is key. Also for me is nailing my nutrition plan during the time as it is easy to eat for 20+ hours of working out but only doing about 12 and the pounds find a way back on. 24 days til the race, but who's counting.....

1 comment:

Betty said...

Hey I know a nurse who will supply your coffee! She believes caffeine cures everything!