Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Triathlon- A Family Affair

After being sick, it really feels great to be back working out again. Even better, I was able to workout with my wife last evening and today. We are racing together at the Columbia Tri in May and will be participating in the Simply Stu Worldwide Triathlon Weekend in March with Bri and Tommy, our 2 kids.

As far as diabetes, the blood-sugar fairies hit me yesterday as I battled highs all day despite changing my soft-set, bolusing, and being good eating-wise as I battled the high 200's (240-280) for much of the day. Sometimes it doesn't make sense, but that is the nature of this beast. I am happy with my progression prior to getting sick as I was making progress in my build period and working my weight down. Also a difference is the addition of 2 to 3 weight/core workouts during the build that has both a physical and psychological effect of feeling strong. Coach Dave had me in the gym last week and worked me with some additional weight/core expercises that will help come September. What is really cool is Denise, my wife, is working a similar weight/ core training and allows us to share even more time together.

No comments: