Thursday, February 28, 2008

Friends of Triabetes

Training still rolls on. I have had some challenging days with blood sugar management as I re-adjust to increase volume training. I have done 2 of my 3 basil checks and emailing them to my endo, and have already decreased my basil by.5 u/ hr. Better management means better workouts and improved recovery, which all adds up in September. In keeping with my goals, I have been working my nutrition plan better and hope to feel the benefits when I begin racing. Recently, I have experienced a resurgence in my cycling albeit indoors and on computrainer. I have also felt decent on my running. Swimming will always lag behind, but I have worked the Vasa and went to the pool yesterday am. I was feeling like a "load" in the water as my shoulders were dead and seemingly the result of Coach Daves Vasa workouts and weight training. All in all, I am excited to get to camp and begin racing. I should finalize my racing schedule soon.

I am also fortunate enough to represent Triabetes at the Dodgin Diabetes Dodgeball tournament this weekend, Sunday. The folks of this event have been gracious in working with InsulinDependence and this will be neat to see. The proceeds from this event go to the Joslin Diabetes Center, connected with University of MD, and where I am a patient. Also, my local community paper is picking up a story about Triabetes and hope to represent well there. As this exposure is good for the team, I am humbled to be the representative. I got into this to make my kids proud that their Dad did something for people with diabetes.

No comments: