Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hitting it again

I took some time after fighting illness twice within a month and began reemerging into life, I scanned my teammates blogs, and found, wow it really has been a difficult cold & flu season! And found the inspiration to get moving. Unfortunately due to my inactivity I put back some weight and will be reworking my diet and hopefully get things moving again and restarting my already slowing metabolism, a misfortune of turning 40 soon.

Spoke with Coach Dave yesterday, and is always a great conversation and prepared for my next block. What impresses me the most is that Coach Dave is able to take from our conversations and develop a spot on training plan. I think this has been one of the keys to my continued motivation and successes in completing training blocks as the challenge me but fit well with all that is going on around me.

As I restart once again, I am happy with most of my sugar control. Some craziness when sick, but in general been running well within the 100- 180 range. I have had a few extreme highs, but that was stupid carb counting on my behalf. When I have worked out, balance in blood sugar has been much easier. So the point is to keep moving!

In close, I was fortunate enough to get a story about Triabetes in a local community paper. I pointed the reporter in the direction of ID and Michelle and heard from her that she spoke with Michelle and Nate which I feel capture the heart and soul of our team! I am reminded that the purpose is so much larger than one individual, yet owe Michelle a lot for her vision of this adventure!

No comments: