Monday, March 31, 2008

The Past Week

Being back and training smarter, I have done the past week on Base Training mode and been more aware of heart rates. Gone is the glitz and glamour of high heart rates and power numbers, and back on pace are the long slow runs and rides, keeping within the aerobic range. This past weekend, riding a hilly 25 mile bike course and c, I kept my heart rate under the prescribed 155, and trudged up the climbs, sitting and even during my runs over a cross country course, I walked a few time up hills. Overall, it felt like cheating, but I realize that I have been training far too long in the gray zone which has impacted my max heart rate negatively. I hope backing off a bit now will give me a boost latter in training or when LT training begins. The sins of 2006 keep coming back.

No comments: