Thursday, May 8, 2008

Perspective?

Perspective? When faced with the challenges of diabetes, Ironman training, full time career, family, and such it can be very challenging to remain focused. I have found that through the past 4 years of long course triathlon focus that as volume increases, the static in life can easily overtake my ability to keep things in perspective. Unfortunately, there have been times where I have had difficulty letting go of the distractions and focused to many of my limited resources on resolving the unresolvable. This time it is different. As I pondered dropping out of Ironman to be supportive of my wife and her dealing with the challenges her family faces, I was greeted with , "Are you crazy.." Denise will hear nothing of this and challenges me to remain focused and committed to the task at hand. As I sit here writing, I only wish I could have her perspective, her strength! All too often we can be so self absorbed. However as Iam saying, "I am thinking about dropping out of Ironman to be there for you," my wife steps out of her situation to lend her unconditional support for the insanity of Ironman and my committment to this project. Perspective?

No comments: