Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Training, Test Taking, and Mangaing

Another rant, another day, and another issue, who cares... Well, I am happy that after 13 years not needing to pass a test, I took and passed a Board Certification exam. In my own Chop-like way, I was quiet and clandestine in my preparation and taking the exam and only let a few know what was happening. I had a real bad experience in bring those into the fold who I thought were a source of good support only to be disappinted. In preparing for a previous Ironman experience, I was a bit more "outgoing" in my prep and really experienced some bad vibes from others around me regarding it. I went into the final phase of training with a less than optimal mindset, and my training suffered which ultimately impacted my race performance. I am taking a leap by blogging my experience as this Ironman experience is so much different that my previous ones. Who knows what the outcome will be, well I am ready for the ride though....

No comments: