Friday, April 25, 2008

Turning 40

Well it is coming up in 5 days, I turn 40. I am convincing myslef this ain't such a big deal as 40 is the new 30, sounds good in theory but the reality is I will be 40 in 5 days. I have a lot to be thankful for as I approach this milestone. I have a great life! A beautiful and loving wife, 2 exceptional kids and competing in Ironman, what more can I ask for. I reflect on my life with diabetes and wonder, Would I have competed in Marathons, triathlons or even Ironmans without my diagnosis, and realize the way my life was going prior to diagnosis, probably not. Despite the reality I will not be cured, I would not be doing Ironman if it were not for diabetes! So at 40, I can say legitimatly I am living a healthier lifestyle than I was at 30 and much healthier than 20. All in all what more can I expect, I will be 40, is decent health, part of a great cause, and have a great family....more thoughts as the days go by....

3 comments:

Mark said...

Hi Steve: Congratulations on Turning 40! You'v egot some amazing accomplishments - I'd love for you to come over to http://www.turning40.net and share your experience with my readers.

Thanks!

Have a great day.

Mark

Nell said...

Looks like you and me have the same birthday. April 30

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Steve! :)