Monday, January 7, 2008

Feels like Spring in January

Well, in my area it is Spring in January! We have 65 degrees sunny and no wind! Too bad today is an off day so to speak. I have used Mondays, my day off from training, to get an extra swim in of about 1k with focus on stroke and technique. Nothing hard except trying to stay afloat. In looking back on the past week, it was good to get to structured workouts and seeing in the progressive weeks of building. In my bike workouts I felt really good with averaging 150 watts per ride, with my BS staying at 145 average on both rides. Running was good this week as kept my heart rate at 155 to 165. My long run yesterday felt really good as it was very, very nice out, 50 degrees. I listen to my last Christmas time podcast during the run and reflected on just how fun my house was with my kids during Christmas time! This time of joy and elation will pass as I know the Spring like weather will pass and the snow and cold weather will be back, but not until after tomorrow's run.

No comments: