Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Here we Go Again

Well, I have been battling illness, businees, and the winter blues this week. I have found when things are good, they are really good, but when Bad it gets really bad. After battling a stomach virus, I got back on the bike Saturday and felt "ok" with maintaining a B/S of 150 during the ride with power output averaging about 160 watts, mainly due to the hills of the course I chose. But it was "ok." Sunday's run was a nice hour jaunt with a balmy high of 13 and went into the woods to get out of the wind. Used my Polar to track speed and mileage and was ok with 5.97 miles at 1 hr 2 minutes total run time. Off on Monday and Tuesday was a heavy work and travel day that forced me to take off. SO I am back on schedule and hopefully making some ground in fitness. My swim today was a nice endurace "challenge" as I have not been in the water much but working a bunch on the Vasa, and swam for 30 minute. Despite not being a "fish" today was the best I felt in the water since Iroman Arizona training in 2005. Tonight holds, daughter's basketball practice (me missing all of my shots) and a 50 minute bike after everyone goes to bed then tomorrow.... It is Ironman! I hope to blog tomorrow and talk about winter blues a bit.

No comments: