Friday, December 14, 2007

Back in the Saddle

Well Getting better was a good thing and rode 60 minutes yesterday. I kept my ride in zone 1 (hear rate no greater than 70% of my max), and although I didn't feel as though I was working, I was. In running LSD (long slow distance) is common, and it suggests there is not the need to bust -a- gut workout everytime out. Part of the trouble we face is really understanding the importance of intensity and varying those intensites as we prepare. This was a lesson I learned and is supported by Coach Dave in our planning and prep for the tri season. This weekend marks our "official" end of the off season as my wife begins her work towards the Columbia Tri, a Spring Classic Olympic Distance race in the Mid-Atlantic. Last season she was able to go under 3 hours and 10 minutes (3.08) This season we will be breaking the 3 hour mark! She provides a great deal of inspiration to me!

No comments: