Sunday, December 16, 2007

Swim, Bike, Run Weekend

Well, this weekend I did all 3 sports, kind of. For the swim I am fortunate to have a Vasa Ergometer, swimming treadmill. This way I am not bound by pool schedules and can simulate transitions. I did a 15 minute Vasa workout with a 60 minute bike ride. It felt like a tri transition without the water. On the bike I did a simulate course of South Mountain, just outside of Gettysburg. I struggled climbing on this course but sweat through it. Still a lot of work to be done! Today is a run day, weather is crappy (rainy) but I will still try to get outside as I really want to wait for really bad weather to get on the treadmill.

Ran trails today in the rain. Nice and muddy which challenged me to keep good running form and work on short strides and cadence. Started with BS of 150, a bit better than last weeks 310. I found my stride at about 30 minutes in and ran for an hour. During my run, I began visualizing how I want to approach runs in 2008. My plantar is settling and I hope to continue running with minimal pain. Only time will tell.

No comments: