Thursday, December 20, 2007

More '08 Musings

Met with Coach Dave yesterday. It is always good to see him and talk to him as he has a great way to keep everything in perspective. We discussed the '08 season and training for Ironman again. Sometimes I go back and wonder what it would be like again not knowing what is ahead of me, but our plan is solid. Last season, I felt was successful in may regards, more about this next week when I post 2007 in review. Two areas that I am working on is getting my body weight in check and improving my strength. I will be doing a consult with Coach Dave next week to re-structure my strength training routine. With body weight, being close to 40, metabolism seems to "stopped" and I am targeting my race weight at a more reasonable 178 as opposed to my 184 at Lake Placid. Additionally, I will be getting into the pool (ugh) but working on some improving my swim technique with Coach Dave. I am hoping to be at 1 hr 25 minutes come September 7th., but more importantly trying to come out of the water feeling good. We also discussed my nutrition plan and more importantly my recovery nutrition plan after workouts and the diabetes aspect of this. What is a challenge is when exercising especially in long endurance sessions, the liver excretes glycogen, thus post-exercise highs I have experience. I am taking this information to my endo and educator to see what if anything I can do to mitigated this issue. Anyway the next 2 months will be a build, technique, and strength block.

No comments: