Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Water-less Swimming & '08 Musings

As I noted in an earlier post, the off-season is "officially" over and the work is beginning or at least my mindset has changed to a more focused approach to workouts developed by Coach Dave. I began with my "first" 5:30 am workout in a long time where I was on the Vasa and did core exercises in between Vasa sets. Started with a BS of 140! I have been a good diabetic or at least my blood sugars have in a good range all week. I finished the workout with a good tired feeling, not to mention beginning to waking up earlier than I have been accustomed to during the off season, but it felt good to start the day this way.

Tomorrow I will be meeting with Coach Dave and laying out my plan. I will be reviewing with him my proposed 08 race schedule with some interesting changes and twists. I recieved an email from Inside-Out Sports in NC, and found there is a Long Course Du in Cary, NC on March 22 (8kR-53kB, 8kR). I am contemplating not running a half marathon around that time and making the trek down South for the race to visit my good friend Howard, who I will post about later. He and his wife live in Sanford about 40 minutesd from the race site It is my hope to see him before he deploys to Iraq. Last year I ran a Long Course Du in Richmond at the beginning of April and felt it was a great way to start the season. This race will be a good fitness test for my Eagleman 70.3 prep as well.

1 comment:

Brickhead said...

Hey man - Cary is not that far from us in Boone - a couple of hours? Good luck.