Friday, December 7, 2007

It is about the Week not the Day....

Got an email from Charmichael Training systems that said during the holidays look at a week of training not days. Take home lesson...If training for a September Ironman look at staying active but not be too concerned about missing workouts due to other holiday obligations. Not true for those training for April Ironman.

Did some more of Dane County Loop. Has some challenging parts and has me wondering about gearing for Ironman. Typically run a 12-25, but changed to a 12-27 for Lake Placid due to the topography. It is early and will consult those who have done the course about best gearing options. My thoughts is I will train both and see where my legs are, Coach Dave will have something to say about that also. After biking did an vasa erg workout about 900 m (40 second intervals) on a moderately hard setting, excellent work but I have a lot to work on in the swim!

No comments: